- Date: October 25, 2014 at 13:40-17:15
- Venue: Shibaura Institute of Technology, Tokyo, JAPAN
| Attendance and Board of Directors
- 25 members of the board of directors attended.
- Mr. Surya Raj Acharya from new member domestic society, SOTEN (Society of Transport Engineers, Nepal) was welcomed as a new member of the EASTS Board.
| ISC (International Scientific Committee)
- The papers presented in the Taipei Conference 2014 have been published in the following publications: 500 papers were included in conference proceedings CD-ROM; 153 papers (26.4% of original submission of 579 papers) were published in the Journal of EASTS; 28 papers (4.8% of original submissions) were included in Asian Transport Studies.
- The Board approved the ISC to publish the ATS Journal in the same year as the EASTS Journal. The ATS papers are usually published every two years.
| Conference Preparation
- Transportation Science Society of the Philippines has commenced preparation for 11th Conference. It will be held on September 11-14, 2015 at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Cebu City, Philippines. The theme of the upcoming conference is gResilient and Inclusive Transportation Systems through Smarter Mobilityh.
- One individual membership application from India has been approved. As of latest update, the EASTS has 1,529 members.
- There are possibilities of involving neighboring countries in South Asia such as India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh as member domestic societies.
| IRG (International Research Group)
- Two new IRGs have been approved and one IRG has been conditionally approved.
| ICRA (International Cooperative Research Activity)
- One of the two IRG applicants was awarded the ICRA-A research grant.
| 20th Anniversary Photo Book Publication
- The photo book is under preparation for publication. The purpose is to introduce transportation projects and developments in Eastern Asian region in the past two decades to commemorate the 20th anniversary of EASTS.
| Outstanding Transportation Project Award
- Nominations for outstanding transportation projects can be submitted until April 30, 2015.
This report was prepared by Prof. Shintaro TERABE and Prof. Karl B. N. Vergel (EASTS Secretariat).