Under the auspice of
Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism of Japan, Tokyo Metropolitan Governemnt, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, The Japan Society of Transportation Economics, Institution for Transport Policy Studies and Association for Planning and Transportation Studies
East Japan Railway Company (JR East) and Tokyo Metro Co., Ltd.
EASTS & EASTS-Japan 20th Anniversary International Symposium, titled as gFuture of Transportation in Asiag, was successfully held in Tokyo on October 24th, 2014.
308 participants from many sectors in the EASTS countries had attended this event, including 71 students.
The program of the symposium is on EASTS & EASTS-Japan 20th Anniversary International Symposium.
Presentation files are available as below;
[The President's Speech]
[Session on Asian International Cooperation]
- Peter Choong-Yeol Ye, Vice President for International Cooperation and Regional Studies, The Korea Transport Institute, Korea
Korea's International Cooperation in Transportation Asia
- Shizuo Iwata, Chairman, ALMEC VPI Corporation, Japan
Ups and Downs of Urban Transportation Planning (experiences of a consultant)
- Akira Nakamura, Director General, Infrastructure and Peacebuilding Department, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), Japan
JICA's Cooperation to Strengthening Connectivity in Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
[The Footprint -20 years of Asia and EASTS-]
[Session on Asian Transportation Research]
- Agachai Sumalee, Associate Professor, King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, Thailand
Intelligent Transportation System for Smart City: Perspective of Research, Practice, and Asian Context
- Qiang Meng, Associate Professor, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Urban Congestion Pricing: Practice and Theory
- Akimasa Fujiwara, Chair of EASTS International Scientific Committee, Professor, Hiroshima University, Japan
The Way Forward of EASTS Papers
[Comprehensive session on future transportation of Asia]
- Makio Shichijo, Senior Director, Overseas Project Division, Policy Bureau, Ministry of Land, infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Japan
(to be uploaded)
- Haruya Koide, Principal Regional Cooperation Specialist, Office of Regional Economic Integration, Asian Delovepment Bank, Japan
Transport in Asia: Challenges and Future
- Hironori Kato, University of Tokyo, Japan
Presentation for Panel Discussion
- Reynaldo B. Vea, Vice President of EASTS, President, Mapua Institute of Technology, Philippines
The Future of Transportation in Asia
[Notice] When you cite information from these slides in your works, please include author, title of presentation, name, date and place of symposium, and web address (complete URL) in your reference section, e.g.;
Tetsuro Tomita: The JR East Group "Ever Onward" -Thriving with Communities, Growing Grobally-, EASTS & EASTS-Japan 20th Anniversary International Symposium: Future of Transportation in Asia, Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies (EASTS), October 24th, 2014, Tokyo, www.easts.info/easts20thanniversary/easts20thanniversary-011.pdf.
(reported by Naohisa OKAMOTO and Naoyuki TOMARI, Nov. 14, 2014)